You are welcome to the March 2022 edition of El Shaddai Heritage.
I believe the joy of The Lord filled your heart all through the month of March 2022. I pray you will never lose your joy in Jesus name!
Our prophetic Focus for the month of March 2021 is PEACE!
Bible Text: Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusted in thee Isaiah 26:3
The word ‘Peace’ is a universal word because there is no man on earth who does not need peace. It can be defined as a state of being that is devoid of agitations or anxieties. The Oxford Advanced Learner’s dictionary defines it as a state of being calm, quiet, and a situation or period of time in which there is no war or violence.
Every individual, family, community, nation, and government desire peace, if not always because there is nothing that strives without peace. Today, there is news of war, crisis, natural disasters, and problems (locally and globally) that contend with our peace, and all efforts are usually geared towards ensuring that peace is maintained. Whether in living or at the point of death, peace is much sought for hence the usual “rest in peace” (RIP) remark made when a person dies which is only guaranteed depending on the choice we make while still alive.
We will be looking at the following sub-headings as we try to understand our main theme ‘Peace’.
- Kinds of Peace (iii) What to do to enjoy the Peace of God
- Jesus Christ our Peace (iv) Conclusion.
2.0 Kinds of Peace
The word ‘Peace’ can be either temporal/earthly or permanent/heavenly peace. The peace that comes as a result of worldly/earthly materials/possessions such as money, wealth, positions, or possessions are temporal or short-lived depending on the duration of the source of the peace.
On the other hand, the peace that comes from God is a perfect one that endues and does not depend on anything we possess but is given by God (Isaiah 26:3). This kind of peace is not dependent on the amount of money in your pocket or bank account.
Furthermore, we could categorize peace into the following:
- Peace with God: This is the peace that is God-ward and is the starting point to have any meaningful relationship with God
- Inner Peace” This has to do with Peace in our hearts that have nothing to do with the things going on around us. It is given to those who have received Christ as Lord and Saviour. Colossians 3:15, Philippians 4:7.
- Peace with man: This encourages cordial/good relationship with other people
- Eternal Peace in Matthew 11:28 – 30. Jesus said “take my yoke upon and learn of one, for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls. The ‘rest’ in this scripture is the eternal peace.
3.0 Jesus Christ our Peace
In the prophecy of Isaiah about the birth of Jesus Christ in Isaiah 9:6, Jesus Christ was revealed as the “Prince of Peace” for unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given ….. and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
The above scripture reveals that Jesus Christ is the source of Peace with God and Peace of God because he is an embodiment of peace.
The following scriptures give us further insights on the truth that Jesus Christ is our peace.
- Jesus Christ broke the wall of division that existed between man and God, Ephesians. 2:14 – 15.
- As a result of (i) above, we were reconciled back to God through his (Jesus Christ) blood, ‘for when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life “Romans 5:10. Also read 2 Corinthians 5:18 and Colossians 1:21
- The gospel of peace was brought to us through Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:7, 6:15 and Corinthians 7:15
- The fruit of the Holy Spirit which manifests in our lives when we are born again include peace Galatians 5:22
- The package of grace brought to us through Jesus Christ is accompanied by peace. Hence, we read severally in the scripture – “Grace and Peace”, 2 Corinthians 1:2 says “Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ”, Galatians 1:3
- Christ brought us into God’s Kingdom where we find peace Romans 14:17 – for the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.
4.0 Steps to enjoy the Peace of God: 1 Cor. 14:33 “for God is not the author of confusion, but of peace as in all churches of the saints:
(a) Accept the gospel of peace through which we are reconciled to God. This simply requires that you acknowledge and confess your sins, believe in the provision of Christ blood and accept Christ as Lord and Saviour. 1 John 1:9, John 1:12
(b) Being under the control of the spirit of God. Read Romans 8:6. To be carnally minded is death but to be spiritually minded life and peace.
(c ) Invite Jesus into every situation of our lives. In Mark 4:39, Jesus was there to calm storms and winds threatening their lives. So we should hand over every situation threatening our peace to Jesus Christ who has power in heaven and on earth to every deal with every problem in our lives. Matthew 28:18 …. all power is given unto me in heaven and in the earth.
(d) Having trust and faith in God – Romans 5:1, Isaiah 26:3.
(e) Obedience to God’s instruction to live peaceably with all men 1 Corinthians 16:11, 2 Corinthians 13:11.
6.0 Conclusion: You cannot enjoy peace within and with one another if you do not have Jesus living inside of you. (Mark 9:50). When you have the Prince of peace living in you, He will guide you to be at peace with all men 2 Corinthians 3:11.
God Bless you!!
SHALOM! SHALOM! SHALOM!
Written By Pastor Taiwo Ojo