You are welcome to this month’s edition of El Shaddai Heritage.
Our Focus for the month of July 2021 is The Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ made us understand that The Holy Spirit is a person, not a thing, feeling, or emotion.
“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, HE shall testify of me“
The Holy Spirit is the third person of The Trinity. That does not mean He is less important. The Holy Spirit can be referred to as the engine room of God.
“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.“
1 John 5:7
The Holy Spirit is a teacher. He gives us direction, He leads us into all truth.
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.“
As a person, the Holy Spirit desires to have a relationship with us because we are the children of God. Without the Holy Spirit, we can not fulfill our purpose on earth.
Without the direction and empowerment of the Holy Spirit, no divine assignment can be fulfilled in the energy of the flesh.
Moreover, without the Holy Spirit, a believe could become vulnerable to the attack and the wiles of the devil.
The first step to experiencing the baptism of the Holy Spirit is to be born again.
Once you get born again, you will be empowered to fulfill your purpose in life, you will be empowered to overcome the wickedness in this world.
Jesus Christ told His disciples to wait for the baptism of The Holy Spirit before stepping out to tell others about the kingdom of God and that Jesus Christ is the son of God, He knew that without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, the devil will frustrate their mission.
“And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.“
Jesus Christ is the only one that baptizes with the Holy Ghost.
“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:“
The initial evidence of being filled with The Holy Ghost is speaking in tongues.
“While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.“
“For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.“
The mission of The Holy Spirit is a follows:
- The Holy Ghost teaches all things. The Holy Ghost instructs. The Holy Ghost trains and coaches. The Holy Ghost unveils the scriptures.
1 John 2:20
1 John 2:27
This is one of the advantages we have over unbelievers, the Holy Spirit directs and guides the children of God.
- The Holy Spirit brings things to our remembrance. The Holy Spirit reminds us of things we read in the Word of God. In our day to day life, the Holy Spirit reminds us of things we need to do.
- The Holy Spirit searches the deep things of the spirit and the deep things of life. The Holy Spirit decodes things. There are some things you are not aware of but the Holy Spirit will reveal them to you. At times people might wonder how you got an information, the Holy Ghost reveals deep and secret things.
1 Corinthians 2:9-11
The Holy Ghost can reveal the plan of God for your life to you. 1 Corinthians 2:12-13
- The Holy Spirit strengthens us on the inside. The Holy Spirit strengthens us by opening us to the Word of God. When we feed on the Word of God, The Holy Spirit injects the light in the Word of God into us, when the light of God is injected into us, every darkness will disappear, we will be free from every affliction and oppression.
- The Holy Ghost empowers us to prevail in prayer. Jude 1:20.
It is the Holy Ghost that motivates, encourages and keeps us in the place of prayer. Galatians 5:17
The flesh does not like to pray, the flesh dislikes spiritual activities.
The Holy Spirit helps us to conquer the flesh.
Without the Holy Spirit we cannot pray effectively.
This month shall be fruitful for you in Jesus’ name!
Shalom! Shalom! Shalom!